Music: Faris Badwan – The Horrors – Cats Eyes
- Faris Badwan – formerly known as Faris Rotter.
- Joshua Hayward – also known as Joshua Third, formerly Joshua Von Grimm.
- Tom Cowan – formerly known as Tomethy Furse.
- Rhys Webb – formerly known as Spider Webb.
- Joseph Spurgeon – formerly known as Coffin Joe.
These boys certainly are in control of their image. The Horrors, from Southend on the Sea, England started life in 2005 as garage rockers with a fashionable gothic edge. They released their first LP Strange House in 2007 to good reviews. It’s a noisey blend of early garage – The Count 5, ? and the Mysterians, and fast loud guitar riffs and shouted vocals. Their 2nd LP Primary Colors was released in 2009 and is a radical shift – more synth driven, sounding like Joy Division with a touch of My Bloody Valentine. No longer dressed in all black and eye shadowand losing the silly names The Horrors became very fashionable (they even make the Hawaiian shirt looks good – 5th photo). In 2011 lead singer Faris Badwan recorded an LP w/ singer Rachel Zeffira under the name Cats Eyes. They performed their first single at the Vatican for the College of Cardinals. All 3 LPs are great – though completely different from each other – highly recommended.